Personal Injury Attorney Kent Starr – Plano TX.
Hurt by Someone Else’s Careless or Negligent Behavior? Get You the Financial Compensation You Deserve.
So this is it, isn’t it? You’re injured, and you’re fairly sure that you wouldn’t be had someone else acted responsibly. There’s a million ways you can experience a personal injury. Maybe one of them below fits what happened to you:
- Car accident
- Work accident
- Someone’s dog bit you
- You were assaulted
- A defective product hurt you
- A careless doctor or dentist caused you a major injury
- Your loved one was abused in a nursing home
Regardless of the cause, now you’re stuck with a lot of stress and tough questions to answer, like:
- Can you hold the other person financially responsible for your injuries?
- How will you pay all your medical bills?
- When will you work again, or will you ever work again?
- How will you emotionally cope with this difficult time?
- When can you return to your normal daily activities?
- Can you get compensation for your mental suffering?
- Who can you count on to represent your best interests?
- How much will your legal representation cost?
“500|motorcyclist fatalities,900|pedestrian fatalities,1000 | Alcohol-related Crashes,700 | injured in a car accident:” In 2014 There were over 89,270 Car crashes in Texas. If you think someone else’s irresponsible behavior caused your injuries, you may have a personal injury claim. Next you have to figure out who to hire to represent you.
Plano, TX Personal Injury Attorney Kent Starr Gets You the Fair Compensation You Deserve
You have to be careful when choosing a personal injury attorney. Not all attorneys are the same.
Big firms often treat you like a number, aiming to settle your case as fast as possible to maximize their profit margin. Also, the lawyer you first meet may not do any of the real work on your case (he may let an inexperienced junior attorney do the work instead).
Other independent lawyers who own their practice may not be as aggressive as Kent. With Kent, you get personal service from someone unafraid to take your case as far as possible. Other inexperienced or unmotivated lawyers may tell you to settle when really your best choice is to go to court. You see, Kent’s always been an aggressive person. In college, he was a Golden Gloves boxer, and he also eventually earned a black belt. He doesn’t fight physically anymore. So now, he puts his fierce personal nature to use for you in the courtroom. Where other lawyers tell you to settle, Kent scores you big courtroom victories. Imagine having a lawyer on your side who’s not afraid to go to an intense trial to protect your rights!
Get Your FREE Consultation Today!
Do you have a personal injury claim you can win either in or out of court. The only way to find out is by calling Kent now at 469.500.5000 or contacting him online to set up your FREE consultation.
You’ll learn how likely it is you can win your case, and possible strategies for doing so – all for FREE. Remember, the consultation is yours free – there’s absolutely no pressure on you to use Kent as your personal injury lawyer.
FAQ – Straight Answers to Tough Personal Injury Law Questions
- How Do I Know If Someone Else’s Careless Behavior Caused my Injuries?
It’s not always clear. Certain types of personal injury cases, like medical malpractice, are hard to prove. With personal injury, you must have a “preponderance of the evidence.” In layman’s terms, this means it’s slightly easier to win a personal injury cases than it is to prosecute a criminal one (where you must prove “beyond a reasonable doubt”).
Many personal injury cases prove “negligence.” Legally, this means you must show:
- The person alleged to have cause the injury (defendant) owed you (the plaintiff) a duty of care
- The defendant failed to follow that duty of care
- Your injury was in fact caused by the defendant
- You suffered physical injuries as a result
That seems straightforward, but in reality it becomes complex.
- Should I Use the Personal Injury Lawyer I See Advertising on TV?
In most cases, that’s a bad idea. That’s because these types of firms rely on spending lots of money on advertising to bring in a ton of clients.
To make their business work, they settle your case as fast as possible.
Sounds good at first, but here’s the truth:
- They’re willing to settle your case for much less than it’s really worth, sometimes millions less
- The people negotiating your case aren’t skilled negotiators, and sometimes aren’t even lawyers
- These firms also often refer your case to another firm to earn a fee
You just don’t get good service from the large firms you see on television.
- What Should I Do if the Other Party’s Insurance Company Calls Me?
You should not speak to them at all. Their only goal is to pay you as little as possible because that maximizes their profit.
They may seem nice, but they’re really a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Often, they offer to pay you immediately, but of course that offer is much lower than what you should really get.
And of course, don’t make any recorded statements if they ask you to do so.
It’s free to contact a personal injury lawyer about your case, and you only pay if you win, so there’s no need to settle with the insurance company fast.
- How Much is My Case Worth?
There’s no precision way to determine this before the case. It’s based largely on evidence, and you can get an estimate when you contact us.
You can get compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- How Long Will it Take to Solve Your Case?
You can get a ballpark time estimate after Kent learns the facts of your case. Precision predictions simply are not possible.
Remember, the legal system’s not fast. For simpler cases, expect around a few months. More complex cases that need a trial may take years.
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
In Texas, the time frame is relatively short. You have 2 years from the date of your injury to file your claim.
In general, you should file it as soon as possible.
- Can I Still Get Compensation if I’m Partially At Fault for My Injuries?
You can, but only if you’re 50% or less responsible for your injuries. In that case, “Proportionate Responsibility” comes into play. If you are 25% responsible for your injuries, you lose 25% of the amount you could have recovered in total.
If you are more than 50% responsible for your injuries, you cannot recover any compensation at all in Texas.
- What Should I Do First If I Suffer a Personal Injury?
Always get medical treatment first. A doctor’s opinion of your medical needs is very important to winning your case. After your health stabilizes, then it’s time to contact a personal injury lawyer.
- Will My Case Go to Trial?
Most likely it will not. 90% of personal injury cases settle out of court. It’s your decision whether to settle or go to trial, and you’ll get Kent’s best recommendation.
- How Soon Do I Get a Check for Compensation?
For smaller cases, usually 1-2 weeks. If you get a large settlement, or if private individuals and out-of-area insurance companies get involved, it takes much longer.
- What Should I Bring to My First Meeting with Kent?
It’s helpful if you bring things like:
- Copies of reports you or the police filled out
- Health insurance information
- Hospital/treatment documentation
- Photos of your injuries or the scene of the accident
- The defective product if it’s small and caused your injury
- Your coverage selection page from your car insurance policy (if applicable)
- Can I Switch Lawyers?
It’s fairly easy as long as your case isn’t in trial. Personal injury lawyers can’t force you to be their client.
But do know this gets a little complicated because your first attorney still needs to be paid. There needs to be an agreement between him, your new lawyer, and you about his compensation.
Get Your Free Consultation Today!
Personal injury law is complex, overwhelming, and frustrating. You need someone you can trust to guide you through the process and get you the maximum financial compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Plano, TX personal injury attorney Kent Starr does everything in his power to make that happen for you.
Contact him online today, or call 469.500.5000 for your FREE consultation!
Remember, the consultation is yours free – there’s absolutely no pressure to use Kent as your personal injury lawyer.